Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 12G HDR Firmware Update

Forums Announcements and News Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 12G HDR Firmware Update

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    KevinW
    Participant

Think this will work with the new SONY A7s iii to record BRaw 4k from the camera via HDMI? I keep hearing about the Atomos supporting it for ProRezRaw4k, but would love to stick with Braw.

Rich H
    Keymaster

Think this will work with the new SONY A7s iii to record BRaw 4k from the camera via HDMI? I keep hearing about the Atomos supporting it for ProRezRaw4k, but would love to stick with Braw.

That will more than likely depend on Sony’s output over HDMI. Assuming the Atomos can record Prores RAW, BM’s VA can record to their BRAW codec.

KevinW
    Participant

I can imagine it’d be a tricky decision on BMD’s part to technically allow it or not. Obviously, that A7siii is going to do a TON of sales and probably take away some of the Pocket 4k/6k sales. But I bet they’d sell a TON of the Video Assist units to people like me, who really want to work in Resolve with Braw files.

(I actually have a few Pocket 4k’s but have a Sony on pre-order.)

Of course, all of these options are incredible. This year is a great one for videography/filmmaking.

John Brawley

This will entirely depend on Sony allowing BMD to profile their sensor to enable BRAW.

JB

Sansetsu Guyse
    Participant

I remember a time when Nikon would not tell anyone about how to deal with their raw files and their sensor profiles, but either adobe or capture one or both managed to figure something out to process the raw. It might be possible to do, but may not be worth BM’s time.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.