What we want from BMD in the future

Forums General Discussion What we want from BMD in the future

Participant

1. We want a BMD 13″ and 17″ field production monitor with built in wireless transmission, Braw and resolve based luts.
    2. We want a BMD touchscreen field mixer recorder for Audio using Fairlight Pre-amps, 32bit float recording, inbuilt wireless video and audio receiving, Cedar Rapids AI noise reduction, time code in and out. Dante and AES will be good if affordable or on an pro version
    3. An affordable fairlight console/controller for post production. It should come with a usb-c preamp to computer interface for voice overs, foley and ADR
    4. Since rode and BMD are in Austrailia, they should collaborate to integrate some wireless audio technologies into the BMD cameras.

Innovation and changes in the way filmmaking is done is very important.

Why do I ask for these things. In Africa there are very few equipment service or rental houses, companies like BMD have revolutionized filmmaking for most of us. From affordable cameras to Davinci Resolve, our film and TV industries have greatly benefited across the continent of 1.4 billion people. with Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Sony etc opening offices and funding content we need more visionary and radical companies like Black Magic Design in our world. Grant petty has single handedly put food on the tables of million of people. Filmmaking is the second employer after agriculture in Nigeria a country with over 200 Million people.

If BMD need my input on how to service the African Markets, I will be very happy to assist.
    Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Rich H
    Keymaster

One thing I hope to see, and perhaps it won’t be possible, is some kind of wireless feature to monitor video.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Rich H.
    John Brawley

1. We want a BMD 13″ and 17″ field production monitor with built in wireless transmission, Braw and resolve based luts.
    2. We want a BMD touchscreen field mixer recorder for Audio using Fairlight Pre-amps, 32bit float recording, inbuilt wireless video and audio receiving, Cedar Rapids AI noise reduction, time code in and out. Dante and AES will be good if affordable or on an pro version
    3. An affordable fairlight console/controller for post production. It should come with a usb-c preamp to computer interface for voice overs, foley and ADR
    4. Since rode and BMD are in Austrailia, they should collaborate to integrate some wireless audio technologies into the BMD cameras.

Innovation and changes in the way filmmaking is done is very important.

Why do I ask for these things. In Africa there are very few equipment service or rental houses, companies like BMD have revolutionized filmmaking for most of us. From affordable cameras to Davinci Resolve, our film and TV industries have greatly benefited across the continent of 1.4 billion people. with Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Sony etc opening offices and funding content we need more visionary and radical companies like Black Magic Design in our world. Grant petty has single handedly put food on the tables of million of people. Filmmaking is the second employer after agriculture in Nigeria a country with over 200 Million people.

If BMD need my input on how to service the African Markets, I will be very happy to assist.
    Thanks

I love hearing how filmmaking happens in other countries that I’m not working in.

Thanks for sharing….

JB

Chris Gosling
    Participant

No camera related, but I would love to see a video converter with built-in closed loop calibration with Resolve. Would be even better with the ability to plug a calibrator directly to the box, and let DR handle the calibrating/LUT generation and uploading to the converter.

Chris

I would really like an EVF somewhat like the URSA Viewfinder, but smaller and less costly, no SDI but with HDMI input only and a 5V-12V power input. Most importantly a non-dedicated design so that it can be adapted to any camera using any 1/4″ – 20 mount system.

Perhaps a petty issue, but I’d like Blackmagic to produce a monitor foot that takes the Video Assist 12G HDR 5″ and allows a USB-C cable to be fitted while attached to the foot. The design team places the USB-C output so near the 1/4″ centre mount that no regular foot will fit and allow the attachment of a USB-C cable. I can’t use either of the 1/4″ mounts on the ends of the monitor.

I once again updated the firmware that was released today and had to completely remove the foot. I use an Allen key bolt to secure the monitor, as not one thumb style drive has ever secured any monitor (or LED light etc) successfully. But it also raises another issue, for if you want to record to an SSD, then you can’t connect a USB-C cable while a foot is attached.

The monitor clearly can’t be modified now and no third party manufacturer is going to make a foot just for the 12G 5″, so maybe Blackmagic could oblige. I’m not even sure that a cage would solve the problem, but I really don’t want a cage for such a small monitor.

Benclassic
    Participant

The formfactor of the “Ikonoskop” (no longer in production) seems ideal for travel. I have no idea where to place the touch screen with the beautyfull BM software. Maybe forget the touchscreen and use the evf and a joystick?

Ben

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.